Stylin' up

I arrived at the rink today with my favourite waistcoat and white shirt combo hidden under my coat. I'm not ready for a routine yet, I can barely manage the basic coordination required for the simple steps I'm doing at the moment, let alone a minute and a half of flowing steps, jumps and spins, so I'm holding off until the Tammasaurus basically insists that we get on with it. However, I wanted to see what it felt like to skate in a waistcoat and shirt in case that was the sartorial route I went down when I do get to a routine.

I unzipped my jacket in the cafe, the waiting eyes of the assembled skating mums lingering on me as I revealed the outfit. The cafe audience cooed appreciatively at my choice, the ladies in the locker room nodded admiringly... Some suggestions that I should add glitter and stones were made, but, for now, just the Tammasaurus's approval to go.

"Looking very nice today!" she said admiringly as she joined me on the ice for my lesson.


"Now we just need to add braces and a dicky bow!"


That will not be happening. You hear me, Tammasaurus? No.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning there was... A bad skiing lesson

Straight Up Pain

HP #2 - Getting another perspective