#Synchro4Life

When I'm not skating, which is, to be fair, quite often, then I do one or two other hobbies, one of which is board gaming. I could write a lot about modern board gaming, but that's not what this blog's for, however while attending one of my usual board game groups then a joke was made we should all form a synchro skating team.

I joked along with the rest of them, but, one bored night, I decided to look up what competitive synchro actually looks like...

Reader, my life has been TRANSFORMED. Where has synchro skating been all my life?!

Please enjoy the following (starts at 1:04):



If the opening line sequence isn't satisfying enough then watch out for the intersection starting at 2:25, followed almost immediately afterwards with a bizarre-looking spiral sequence; and it's all set to a toe-tapping Canadian country rock song about mud! What's not to love?! Isn't it all just magnificent? I can only imagine how much practice goes into getting those routines smooth and synchronised.

Sadly, this kind of fantasy is all just wishful thinking for me. For one, I like jumping a little too much, but, more importantly, my rink barely teaches pair free (another area that's interested me), and absolutely no synchro, let alone an adult synchro group. Better shelve those thoughts!

Update: I spoke to the Tammasaurus and she confessed a DARK LOVE for synchro too and she has previously run an adult synchro team while working at a previous rink... TAMMASAURUS, WE WERE MEANT TO BE!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning there was... A bad skiing lesson

Straight Up Pain

HP #2 - Getting another perspective